Happy Friday! I hope you had a wonderful week and have a relaxing weekend planned to celebrate Mother’s Day with your loved ones.
Here are my 5 favorite stories for caregivers this week. Enjoy!
- 7 Tips for Helping Seniors at the Doctor’s: Being a Health Advocate: This article provides details on how to be a health advocate for a senior you are caring for. My favorite tip was to prepare for the visit by asking the senior about their health issues in advance of the appointment, when they are more relaxed and there is room for discussion. If you need help keeping medical information together, you can download my free family medical file.
- The Old Heave Ho: Helping A Parent Downsize Without Losing Your Mind: This article is a great guide for helping a senior parent de-clutter and downsize to move into a smaller home. The information is actually useful to anyone looking to do a big purge.
- Caregiving and the Blame Game: This is a great article on the impact blame can have on a caregiver and how a caregiver can deal with the emotions surrounding blame.
- 11 Ways You Are A Leader: Caregivers usually feel like they are working for someone else, so this is a great reminder of what strong leaders they are and how important their role is.
- What Successful Caregivers Do Differently: This article shares what happy caregivers do. While nothing successful caregivers do is groundbreaking, they are doing something that many caregivers don’t allow themselves the opportunity to do. We sometimes get so bogged down in the day-to-day that we don’t make time for self-care or to pursue our own interests. Check out my self-care on a time budget, 3 minute self-care acts and how to bring joy to your life to jump start your success.
In case you missed my posts this week, here they are! Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!